19 July, 2012

Innergie 15W And EG Accessories USB Chargers

Innergie mMini AC15 15W Dual USB Adapter

This was actually my first Innergie product. I thought it was quite good, that's why I bought their 3-in-1 cable.
I was looking for multi-USB chargers, and this was the most powerful I could find. It's only 15W (3A) and only has 2 USB ports though.
  • Charges everything I've thrown at it so far. Specifically, iPhone, iPad and Casio Exilim EX-ZR200 camera. The Exilim is surprisingly picky! I wish I could try the Samsung Galaxy Tab, I heard those were picky too.
  • Most powerful adapter I've seen
  • At $35, it's a bit expensive. But it's cheaper than other branded adapters, like Belkin, and more powerful too.
  • There might be cheaper 15W adapters on eBay (try searching for yoopoo 15W), but this seems safer with over-current, over-temperature and other protections. Most importantly (and I have not seen this feature on an unbranded adapter yet) the 2 ports on this are equal. You can plug devices into either port. Other adapters have 1 port for Apple and 1 for Samsung, or a 1A and a 2A port. With this, you don't have to bother.
  • The only thing I don't like is, the US version is shorter (doesn't have the grey part with CE). I got a US one and you can see the differences below. If you're traveling, you'll be using a travel adapter anyway, so the US version is more compact.
Power measurements using my Arlec meter:
  • Nothing plugged in - 0 W
  • iPhone - 7 W
  • iPad - 12 W
  • iPhone + iPad - 17 W 

EG Accessories ADC320H-TU 2A adapter


  • Quite cheap, only $15, the next more expensive model I saw was $18.
  • Charges: iPhone, iPad, but not my Exilim camera.
Power measurements:
  • Nothing plugged in - 0 W
  • iPhone - 6 W
  • iPad - 11 W

No comments:

Post a Comment