20 December, 2009

Serious problem with Sony Cybershot DSC-T2, possibly many other Cybershots.

As of yesterday, I have found a problem with these symptoms on my T2:

  • On turning on, it is FELT and HEARD to vibrate continuously.
  • The image on the LCD shakes continuously, even when the camera is stable. Sometimes it shakes up and down, sometimes in a circle.
  • Giving the camera a shake solves the problem for now.
My camera is slightly over 1 year old, has taken 3700+ photos and is serial number 25*****.

This is a known issue on the DSC-T20, which is a newer version of my camera. Sony USA will fix these cameras of a certain serial number range: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/news-item.pl?mdl=DSCT20&news_id=269

Searching on Google reveals that this is a common problem:


Anecdotal comments show that these models of Cybershot also have this problem:

I don't think I can get my camera fixed, since it's out of warranty. For now, I'd steer clear of Sony cameras.

No comments:

Post a Comment